Save the Date for the 2023 South Dakota Local Foods Conference!
November 17-18, 2023 – The HUB at Southeast Technical College, Sioux Falls, SD
For over ten years, the South Dakota Local Foods Conference has provided education and networking for both producers and supporters of local foods. This ever-growing conference is a broad-spectrum event aimed at creating a better local food system in South Dakota. It celebrates South Dakota farmers, eaters, and food systems professionals who are committed to developing resilient communities and equitable food systems through sustainable agriculture, robust partnerships, and community education.
The South Dakota Local Foods Conference operates with the following objectives in mind:
- Bringing diverse voices together to highlight & support the South Dakota local food system
- Educating on how local and regional food systems operate
- Supporting potential, beginning, and current producers to be successful on their farms & ranches
- Expanding access to and consumption of local and regional food across South Dakota
- Increasing recognition for the value of local food to South Dakota communities, economies, and rural vitality
- Highlighting the role of Indigenous food systems and Tribal food sovereignty in our state
- Amplifying historically marginalized voices and highlighting innovators in sustainable food production
- Creating opportunities to network & get to know your local foods community
This annual event highlights the latest work being done to improve and promote local foods in our state and connects producers, consumers, retailers, restaurants, chefs, and resource providers from across South Dakota.
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to hear from nationally-known keynote speakers, learn from local experts in the region in a wide variety of breakout sessions, tour farms and learn from farmers that are committed to innovation and environmentally conscious practices, develop new connections through networking opportunities at social events and the exhibitor fair, and celebrate locally-sourced foods by sharing meals together.
For questions concerning this year’s conference, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-697-5204.